Tuesday, September 3, 2013

504 Plan for Celiac

Today we went to school to meet with the vice principal and get a 504 plan.  504 plans accommodate a person's specific needs.  The 504 plan for me is for the following things:

1.  Allow me access to the staff microwave to heat my lunch, because cold rice is nasty.

2.  Excuse me from activities that involve wheat, like home economic classes or science experiments.  

3.  Allow bathroom privileges in case I need it in the future.

4.  Notification if there is a class treat so my parents can send a substitute gluten-free treat for me.

5.  Permission for missing a lot of school due to doctor visits.

We also talked about having a snack in my locker, because I get hungrier faster.  Number 3 does not apply to me yet, but in case I get these symptoms later it is already covered.  This should help some and let teachers know about my condition.  Hopefully this will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment